HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - General Discussion: Inspiration Gaga!Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sixstring: Inspiration Gaga!28 Jul 2010 09:02

In light of recent music trends being so intrinsic to Queen for inspiration.(the name gaga)
I thought it would be interesting to ask this forum if it had found as I did the music of
Lady Gaga to be quite remarkable. The music of queen was complex in genius as music gets and
inspirational without question.. The thing I was wondering was if any of you thought the depth
of Gaga’s songs to be in genius also.
 In "telephone" for example the melody starts simple but builds to the chorus with a harmony I found to be quite exceptional. I really don't have the talent at describing what theory is
behind it however I think her music is something to note as it may soon be more of a monster than it already is. Interesting someone nicknamed her after Queen is it not?

1.PD 06 Aug 2010 05:39
You can try:
the formal analysis is (usually) easy: intro, verse, chorus, outro, you surely can identify them.
the chords have to be transcribed, you find out the key then the "numeric" analysis is easy (usually).
We already analysed briefly "Paparazzi". The song had a nice modulation, but the chord progressions were
simple. The form was simple. The harmonies used at least two "tight" dissonances, we had a tritone motif,
but other smart details were sparely used.
Feel free to focus on more Gaga songs, I may help here in the forum.
pages 1