HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - General Discussion: Queen Brass Quintet MedleyBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Ramirez: Queen Brass Quintet Medley18 Jul 2007 04:56

Greetings,

I'm a new user of this forum so let me first start by introducing myself.  My name is Ramirez and you might know me from Queenzone.  Now, let me get to the point of this thread.

For my eventual wedding I plan to have arranged my very own brass quintet featuring the more romantic side of Queen.  My abilites in doing so are not limited and all I'm asking for is some kind assistance.  I require knowledge of the original keys in the following songs (keep in mind that the following songs will probably be in that order when I finally decide to start arranging the medley) :

*Bohemian Rhapsody (the introduction segment)

*I Was Born To Love You

*Save Me

*Love Of My Life

Finally I would appreciate it if you'd give me some of your thoughts and/or opinions upon this project.  This will be the first time I'm ever to start work on my very own medley involving the work of another artist, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Ramirez

P.S.

It would also help if any of you could give me some links guiding me to some music scores, as they would be very beneficial.  Thank you once again. 

Post was edited on 18 Jul 2007 05:09
1.Sebastian 18 Jul 2007 17:59

It sounds very interesting, so please give us a recording when you do it. Congrats on your wedding too, of course!

Bo Rhap starts off in Gm/Bb, I Was Born is in Ab, Save Me in G and D and Love Of My Life is swerving between F and C.

So if they're gonna be on medley I suggest to do I Was Born in G and Love Of My Life in D (which is the key Dr May plays it in).

2.Ramirez 19 Jul 2007 05:28

Thank you, Sebastian.  I'll do my best to make a recording when it's finished, as I plan to start a career in the music business eventually.  About the wedding, my girlfriend and I have to go through a few years of college so we hope to have it in five years.  It might be too early to say, but the feeling is right.  ;)

This way I'll have some to time to actually perfect the arrangement to my standards.  Once again thanks for your help!

pages 1