HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Tabs & Chords: Roger Taylor - ChordsBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Eugene B.: Roger Taylor - Chords06 May 2007 21:57
Good Day, I'm from Russia, so excuse me for my English.
I have some chords of the Roger's songs. I the beginner in this business(chords writing),
so please someboby correct my chords and put this in the Chords section on this site.

Roger Taylor - Tonight

intro: C
   C                          F
Tonight, we're painting this town red
   C    Am            G
Tonight, we legislate on blue
   C                    Dm                   B
Tonight, we paint your mother green, act out all our dreams
           F         Am     G 
And we'll celebrate me and you
            F         C      G
Yeah we'll celebrate me and you

Tonight, with all things possible
Tonight, we'll fly beyond all cares
Tonight, we'll tear down all the walls, ride down waterfalls
And we'll celebrate me and you
Celebrate me and you

B                  F                    C Em B Dm C   G
Across the skies, into the void, we'll disappear

C  F  C Am G  C Dm B

F          Am     G
Celebrate me and you
             F        C     G
Yeah we'll celebrate me and you

C                          F  
Tonight, we're drinking this town dry
Tonight, we'll see the tables turned
Tonight, we'll see our bridges burned
Tonight, we'll see the tables turned
   C
Tonight

Thanks!
Eugene Batrakov.

Post was edited on 03 Jul 2008 19:39
1.LG 08 May 2007 09:38

Thanks Eugene, guys from here will check it and if it is ok, it will be put in archive.

2.Eugene B. 12 May 2007 10:50
Ok, if chords is not ok, please let me know my mistakes.

Post was edited on 12 May 2007 10:52
3.Eugene B. 12 May 2007 19:52
Deleted by Eugene B.
4.Eugene B. 01 Jun 2007 12:34
Deleted by Eugene B.
5.Eugene B. 01 Jun 2007 12:35
Deleted by Eugene B.
6.Eugene B. 03 Jul 2008 12:57
Hi, guys! I have corrected some errors and have picked out some more songs.

Roger Taylor - Breakdown
Intro: Emaj7 E  Emaj7 E  A   A |x4            Emaj7: 021100
E
Now come on can't you see
A
It's printed in black and white
That the news today
Is that some poor boy lies dead
B
The papers gloat and tell
F#m
they live in "Bitch City"
A
The one that has no soul

E B A
It makes me breakdown, breakdown
E B A
It makes me breakdown, breakdown and cry
E B A
So read all about it today

Do you see us all as fools
Suckered by your lies
Yeah you point the finger
Like some power crazy dude

Sensation pushers hound
To feed their addictions
See the jackals at your door

It makes me breakdown, breakdown and cry
So read all about it today

(As intro)
I know, you know, I know, we know could be a breakdown
I know, you know, I know, we know might be a breakdown
I know, you know, I know, we know could be a breakdown
(You can't believe that stuff)
I know, you know, I know, we know might be a breakdown
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Dear Mr. Murdoch D Dear mr murdoch, what have you done A With your news of the screws and your soaraway sun? F#m You sharpen our hatred, you've blunted our minds E We're drowning in nipples and bingo and sex crimes Bm How many times must they poke and they pry F#m Must they twist and lie? Bm Just to add to the grime they even screwed up the times F#m E Love to kick their arse goodbye oh wouldn't I! Dear mr murdoch you play hard to see But with your bare-arsed cheek you should be on page three And dear mr murdoch you're really the pits Bad news is good business, you're the king of the tits They stain all they touch, they're real woman haters But we're on their trail They go straight for the lowest common denominators How could they fail? Go straight to jail - (no bail)! Dear mr murdoch you're a powerful man You control half our media whose values don't scan And dear mr murdoch we're not so amused Just line up the people whose lives they've abused Solo: Bm F#m Bm F#m E Dear mr murdoch what do you know With your minions like vultures and carrion crow They've sunk just as low as humans can sink For profit they tell us how mass murderers think And dear mr murdoch you come down from on high You even bought up the air waves, you control all our sky Dear mr murdoch you're a dangerous chap With your jingoist lingo we're drowning in crap Dear mr murdoch where are you coming from? Getting so hard to tell if you're a yank, oz or pom Dear mr murdoch you're really the pits Bad news is good business, you're the king of the tits Dear mr murdoch you do it with zing At lowering standards you're really the king And dear mr murdoch what have you done? You're not quite as nice as attila the hun. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Everybody Hurts Sometime C F C Everybody hurts sometime - you know it (you know it) F C And everybody loves sometime - don't be afraid to show it G If you don't get a little hurt sometime F If you don't dig a little dirt sometime C You ain't living at all Love and affection - is the sweetest thing But when love turns sour - it ain't a sin It's a bitter pill but it turns to bitter - sweet - within And it's on any street - everybody hurts Sometime Am Em Happiness is a young mans dream Am F But it don't come easy - know what I mean? Am Gotta chase it down the street Em Right to the last scene Dm Run down that illusion C Try to live your dream 'Cos everybody hurts sometime - you know it And everybody loves sometime - don't be afraid to show it And if you don't get a little hurt sometimes If you don't dig a little dirt sometimes You ain't living at all ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Freedom Train Em
It's been a long time comin' -
Now it's time to dance
By the golden thread of circumstance
You're destiny come dressed as chance
We've been a long time comin'
To this romance
G
Now i'm an honest man
But the time has come
C
And i'm a peaceful man
The peace before the storm
Em
I think i hear my train

C
I think i hear my freedom train
F
Dm
G Em

Now the world is changin' - Faster than we know In these troubled lands Where hate dies slow I think a train of change Is comin' down the track Comin' right this way It ain't turning back Now i'm an honest man With a message of hope And i'm a peaceful man On a slippery slope I think i hear my train I think i hear my freedom train I think i hear my freedom train I think i hear my freedom train I think i hear my freedom train Comin' down the track Comin' down the track ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roger Taylor - Future Management Em Dm (You won't need nobody else but me) You won't need nobody else but me Em Dm (You won't need nobody else but me) You won't need nobody else but me A Am(I) You'll find G A5 C5 I'm gonna invite you to try my machines G A5 C5 Programme an offer you just can't refuse G A5 I'm gonna invite you to share all my dreams C5 A You've nothing to lose (repeat from the begin) A Recycle your thoughts I'll rewire your mind Dm I'll punch in some new points of view Am To make sure you find Em Dm Am You've got nothing to lose Em Dm (You won't need nobody else but me) You won't need nobody else but me Em Dm (You won't need nobody else but me) You won't need nobody else but me -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Hand Of Fools Intro: Cadd9 Em7/B Am Asus2 Am |x4 e|--------------| B|----3------3--| G|-----0------0-| D|--2------2----| A|-3------2-----| E|--------------| D Am Streets echo the last retreat Dust falls to the ground G F A mother cries help While walking in paradise Look around and you'll see We're strippin' it bare C(Cadd9) Em7/B Am Asus2 Am (as intro) Soon there'll be no place to turn G Who plays the hand of fools Em With who's God given right F It's out of control C (as intro) Don't it show While profit oils the big machine And we're short changed the facts Where does it stop The lifeblood is slipping away everyday Who plays the hand of fools With who's God given right It's out of control It's out of control Who plays the hand of fools In a worn torn and savage place It's out of control And it chills to the bone -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Loneliness Em C Loneliness... Is the greatest curse Em Bb And loneliness... Is hell on earth F They say it's all in the mind C well i'm sure that's true Em But knowing isn't a cure D it don't help me or you F You don't know what it's like C# When you're all on your own You don't know what it's like When you're really alone Gm C But then it's all in the mind - loneliness? Loneliness... Can be so unkind And loneliness... Hope you never find it They say it's all in the mind See how it falls off the tongue They say you reap what you sow They must be putting us on Cos you don't know what it's like 'Til you're all on your own No you don't know what it's like Until you're alone Yeah you don't know what it's like Wait 'til you're really alone But then it's all in the mind... Loneliness - loneliness - loneliness -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Man On Fire Intro: D D G I walk these streets each end every day Trying to find some work just to earn my pay Just to make some plans for you some day D Bm But plans don't work and it's not that fine When you got no money all you got is time A G D Don't it make you stop and wonder why C G Sometimes I feel like a man on fire C G Sometimes I feel like a man possessed C G C A F# G D (notes: ABC B A F# G) Sometimes I wanna burn down this crazy town I walk these streets each and every night Feel like I'm playing my role but it fits too tight Watch my life go by in black and white When times are hard and times are rough Then you better be made of sterner stuff You'll find its time to stop and wonder why D G I'm smokin'--I'm burnin' I'm twisting and turning But one thing I'm learning It's the power of your love keeps me under their thumb 'Cos the beat of your heart is the beat of my drum Don't it make you stop and wonder why Sometimes I feel like a man on fire Sometimes I feel like a man possessed C G D (notes: ABC BAG) Sometimes I wanna burn down this crazy town Sometimes I feel like a man on fire Sometimes I feel like a man possessed C G C A F# G D (notes: ABC DG ABC B A F# G) Sometimes I wanna burn down this crazy town -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - New Dark Ages C F Welcome, Welcome C F C F C F Dm Bb How do you do - what dya say Dm Welcome to - a new dark age Let's go straight to bed Am Love's got outta hand You must be outta your head C When you feel in the night G This can't happen to you Am It's war that we fight F Yes we do, yes we do C F Welcome to - a new dark ages C F G G G G G F F Welcome to - a new dark ages Dm Bb Love has become - a four letter word Dm It's past it's best - and seldom heard Am Love's left on the shelf like cigarettes It's bad for you health And you feel in the night It's scary thing You believe in in what's right Take care - stop to think Welcome to - a new dark ages Welcome to - a new dark ages G G G G Stop - Take - Care - Think G G F F Is - this - real - love? And you feel in the night Can't this dream be true It's war that we fight Don't let it happen to you Welcome to - a new dark ages Welcome to - a new dark ages -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - No More Fun E (Eb->E Eb->E) (Eb->E Eb->E) From the "stairway to heaven" to "the laughing gnome" It's a mighty long way down rock and roll D A E We got no more, no more fun Age before beauty, pearls before swine And whatever happened to the wild, wild times ? From the Memphis God to the Liverpool boys Then the guitar kings made a lot of noise We got no more, no more fun No more fun We got no more, no more fun No more fun B I said age before beauty, pearls before swine A Whatever happened to the wild, wild times ? Then they were dressing like hookers They were dressing like Queens It had nothing to do with New Orleans We got no more, no more fun No more fun We got no more, no more fun No more fun It don't seem like fun and it ain't necessary Never wanted to be no shorthand secretary Now they're punching their keyboards, kiss their machines It ain't got much soul and it's squeaky clean We got no more, no more fun No more fun No more fun No more fun -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Old Friends Intro: Bb Eb Bb Eb Bb Ab When the sun got big, and the night came down, Eb Bb We used to share a drink - and let the demons out. We let the good times rock, you made the bad times roll We used to laugh a lot, you had a lot of soul. Ab Eb Bb (as intro) Old friends... In better times. And when the going got hard, When times were tough. We put our backs to the wall, you used to strut your stuff. With a head held high, and a heart so big, One fist at the sky... and shake a leg. Old friends in better times Cm Bb
Even know, even know we miss you now
F/C C
Look forward don't look back We'll get by somehow

Solo: Am G Am F F F F as intro And so i raise my glass in a last goodbye! Sleep in peace old friend, for me you'll never die. The best thing i can say, after all this time, is You were a real friend, of mine. Old friends... In better times. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Power To Love Bb I was searching for the answer But I didn't know where to start So I went down to the doctor To take a look in his black box Eb And he said, what are you searching for Bb You don't need this to free your mind F And all the crowd sing It's time out for the rat race Eb Feed on it my one true desire C Am Now we've got the power to love G We've got the power to hold on to Push on through F We are the brightest star repeat chorus He said, I'll take you on journey across sea and over land To see the death and the destrucyion Brought about by our own hands And all around the world Check in to the Last Chance Motel And all the crowd sing It's time out for the rat race Feed on it my one true desire Now we've got the power to love We've got the power to hold on to Push on through We are the brightest star repeat chorus -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - The Also Rans Intro: Am C/A F/A Dm/A |x6 Fucked - again Am I was born on the twenty second floor of a bird cage F/A I was bound to rock - I was born to rage Am When your daddy's gets drunk and your ma has no hope Eb And you're tough and you're young and you got enough rope G And you make a wrong turn and you make some mistakes D You run outta control and you ain't got no brakes Em And the country's a wreck and the government's cruel G D C(F C) Then you better check out - if you wanna be cool C F It's a hard road - in a world that stinks C G F God have mercy on a man that thinks It's a hard road - in a world that sucks God don't love you when you're out of luck So I work real hard and I earn my pay And I drink all night - it's the only way To make some fun outta life - just a little bit more And when I get up my nerve - I'm gonna rob me a store Or even find me a girl - you never know your luck And she'll cook and she'll clean - just to make a few bucks It's a grand old world - going down the pan And there ain't no cure - for the also rans Yeah it's a hard road - in a world that stinks God have mercy on a man that thinks Yeah it's a hard road - we're going down the pan God have mercy on the also rans G You gotta have mercy on the also rans Am G F If you wanna get out you gotta be desperate Dan С You know what I mean A hard road C F It's a hard road - when you're on your own It's a hard road - when your skin's the wrong tone It's a hard road - if your your face don't fit It's a hard road - you gotta take alotta shit Cos God don't love you when you got no bucks It's a hard road God don't love you when you're outta luck God have mercy... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - The Key Intro: Em
Em
There once was a king of paris
С
There once was an emperor of brazil
G
There was maybe a loch ness monster
D
There once was a buffalo bill
Am
Now you can search the whole wide planet
F
Scratching in the mud and worms
C
But an honest politician
Am G F
Is just a contradiction in terms

С G
And if i had the keys to the kingdom
Am F (Fm)
I'd hand them straight to you
С G
In another time another place
Am F
Another life another waste
C G C
Sometimes the last thing you wanna know is the truth

With your bishops priests and mullahs
And all the mumbo jumbo clans
When you're not accepting women
How can you love your fellow man?
Well you can search the whole wide planet
Down to viruses and germs
A 'sensible' religion
Is just a contradiction in terms

And if i had the keys to the kingdom
I'd hand them straight to you
In another time another place
Another life another waste
Another love another lie
Another small way to die
Sometimes the last thing you wanna know is the truth

D:||--2--0--------2-2-0--------||
A:||--------3--2---------3--2--||
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Felix & Arty - Woman You're So Beautiful (But Still A Pain In The Ass...) C CMaj7 Somewhere in the world it's a sunny day C Em/H In a heartbeat baby I realise, Am G When I look in your eyes, through your disguise. F C/E G How could anybody be so beautiful? Stopped in my tracks with a big-time shock, My hijacked heart just would not stop. How could anybody be so wonderful? Am Em What we need is to communicate. C G Why don't we join our hands and banish hate? FMaj7 Am7/f C Somewhere in the world it’s a sunny day. G Say yeah, yeah. C Em/H Want to shout from the rooftops, tell the town, Am G The sun is up, let’s fool around. F C/E G How could anybody be so beautiful? Sky's the limit with you by my side, Together we could learn to fly. How could anybody feel so wonderful? What we need is to communicate. Why don't we join our hands and banish hate? Somewhere in the world it's a sunny day. Say yeah, yeah, yeah In a heartbeat baby I realise, When I look in your eyes, through your disguise. How could anybody be so beautiful? Stopped in my tracks with a big-time shock, My hijacked heart just would not stop. How could anybody feel so wonderful? G (You're a pain in the ass) So wonderful (You’re still a pain in the ass) Say yeah, yeah, yeah C Em/H Am G F C/E G You hijacked my heart, woman you're so wonderful. C Em/H Am G F C/E G In a heartbeat We don't let you die Woman you're so beautiful C C/H C/A G F C/E G In a heartbeat What need you Woman you're so beautiful C C/H C/A G F C/E G In a heartbeat When I saw you baby Woman you're so beautiful C C/H C/A G F C/E G C Hijacked my heart woman you're so wonderful ,yeah

Post was edited on 09 Aug 2009 11:26
7.Sebastian 03 Jul 2008 15:32

Great!

8.Eugene B. 03 Jul 2008 19:59
Thanks, Sebastian. But it will be great, if guys from here check it, because I doubt some places.
9.LG 04 Jul 2008 09:05

Excellent work, I will be happy to add them to the archive. However can you guys check them? :)

Post was edited on 04 Jul 2008 09:05
10.Sebastian 04 Jul 2008 16:24

Only one mistake so far: I think the first chord in Loneliness is minor, especially because of the melody "loneLIness" (G natural); the fill in Man on Fire seems odd but I can't say it's 'wrong' until listening to the track (which I haven't for years). The rest seems spot on IMO.

11.Eugene B. 04 Jul 2008 20:39
Thanks, Sebastian, of course it's Em! I will correct it.
In 'Man on Fire' the fill is played like this(I think):
G       C   B  A  F# G      - this is chords progression, but I think B is non-essential.
A|--0-2-3---2--0--------||
E|----------------2--3--||

So I have corrected both songs, look the previous post.
12.Sebastian 04 Jul 2008 20:42

Actually, the chord progression is (IMO) Am > G/B > C > G/B > Am > D/F# > G.

13.Eugene B. 04 Jul 2008 21:26
Most likely you are right, because I do not have music education and the ear for music is far from the ideal. Thanks for corrections.
14.Sebastian 05 Jul 2008 00:33

Still, your transcriptions are very good.

Both G/B and D/F# are first inversions (6/3), which is why they're commonly used.

15.Eugene B. 05 Jul 2008 20:29
Roger Taylor - Beautiful Dreams

Intro: C   G |x6 

C            G                     C
 Beautiful dreams we had at night
C              G                      C
 All children have to dream at night
C                 G                  C
 Eyes closed in sleep of innocence
C             G                  D#
 Sandman had come to us alright
D#           G      D#              G                  F
 Beautiful dreamers - lost in some never-never dream
F            A            F
 Beautiful dreams we had
F                 C    G   C   G   C   G   C 
 Just beautiful dre-------ams

Beautiful dreams we had alright
 Now we had found the golden key
 Door to a secret world
 Of chemical dreams
 Beautiful dreamers - of beautiful dreams
 Beautiful dreams we had
                  C     G 
 Such beautiful dre-----ams

Am             Em
 We'd like to find a cure
     C              G
 For every known disease
 There's no such thing you say
 The answer's there to see

Colourful dreams we have at night
 Of nuclear purity
 This is the final twilight
 This is the final cure it seems
 Beautiful dreamers - drifting in never-never dreams
 Beautiful dreams we had
                  C    G   C
 Just beautiful dre-------ams
G   C 
 Dreams 

Post was edited on 05 Jul 2008 20:29
16.Eugene B. 06 Jul 2008 23:20
Roger Taylor - Killing Time

Intro: Bb

Bb           G#
I live on a satellite
 Bb                      D#
Sun shines on a sea of steel
C#           G
Ice-men in kryptonite
             C     B
Cavemen on wheels
                       Bb
Here in our own small way
                          A
Just passing the time of day
Time goes by and 
 F                            D#
We're treading the same old wheel
                        D
Killing what we can't steal
                 G
Days go by just killing time
 F          Bb
Days go by

I'm living in paradise
Sunset across the shield
Paradise ain't so nice
Some raw deal
Here in our own sweet way
Passing the time of day 
Time goes by and
Smothering all that's real
Ring the bell it's killing time, killing time, killing time
Days go by
Bb
Just killing time, just killing time

Solo: D#  (G#Bb) D# (G#Bb) C F  (BbC) F  (BbC) F   D#   D   G  Gdim  G  Gdim    Bb  G#  Bb //(Bass notes)

I'm taking a fast flight
Straight course through the force fields
I've seen the real sights
Caveman appeal
Passing the time of day
Time goes by and
Smile but we just don't feel
All fall down it's killing time
Days go by
Killing time, just killing time, just killing time, time

Post was edited on 07 Jul 2008 09:15
17.Sebastian 07 Jul 2008 07:25

D# is actually Eb, G# is Ab, C# is Db and in fact B is Cb. Other than that, it's all right as far as I know.

18.Eugene B. 07 Jul 2008 09:14
Thanks, I know it but when I wrote it, did not consider what variant of a chord to place(with sharp or flat). I have corrected Eb on D #. I think, that Bb is better to leave as is.Though it is possible to correct all on a flat, but I think it not essentially.
19.LG 07 Jul 2008 14:49

Tell me guys when everything is ready to be transferred into the archive.

20.Sebastian 07 Jul 2008 16:35

Corrected version:

Intro: Bb

Bb Ab
I live on a satellite
Bb Eb
Sun shines on a sea of steel
Db G
Ice-men in kryptonite
C Cb
Cavemen on wheels
Bb
A
Just passing the time of day
Time goes by and
F Eb
D
Killing what we can't steal
G
Days go by just killing time
F Bb
Days go by

I'm living in paradise
Sunset across the shield
Paradise ain't so nice
Some raw deal
Here in our own sweet way
Passing the time of day
Time goes by and
Smothering all that's real
Ring the bell it's killing time, killing time, killing time
Days go by
Bb
Just killing time, just killing time

Solo: Eb (Ab/Bb) Eb (Ab/Bb) C F (Bb/C) F (Bb/C) F Eb D G Gdim G Gdim Bb Ab Bb

Post was edited on 07 Jul 2008 23:04
21.Eugene B. 07 Jul 2008 19:59
Sebastian, I have not understood in what a difference? As I understand, if I play chord D # and Eb etc. it will be one and too. I understand, that at flat on half-tone C, I will receive Cb, that is B. So what for to confuse the one who in it does not understand it (chord Cb difficult to find). I think, it is "a good form rule" at a writing of chords (notes)? Eb# is your mistake or my, it seems to me there Eb.
Oh, I have found some defects in solo:
Eb  (Ab/Bb/F) Eb  (Ab/Bb/F)  C F  (Bb/C/G) F  (Bb/C/G) F   Eb   D   G  Gdim  G  Gdim    Bb  Ab  Bb

Post was edited on 07 Jul 2008 20:04
22.Sebastian 07 Jul 2008 23:12

Yes Eb# was my mistake, it's corrected now.

Basically, when you're in flat-side keys (B-Flat, E-Flat...), chords are expressed in flats, and when you're in sharp keys (D Major, C-Sharp minor...), you write them in sharps. So, in D Major you use D/F# instead of D/Gb, in E-Flat you use Ab rather than G#, and so on. An important exception is the leading tone for minor keys: even if D minor is a flat-side key (1 flat), you use C# instead of Db; same for G minor using F# instead of Gb, etc.

Killing Time is in B-Flat (2 flats), with some Mixolydian touches (3 flats), so chords are better spelt as flats, because the function they've got:

- Ab is IV/IV

- Eb is IV

- Db is bIII (III/i)

- Cb is bII

It's a matter of prescription, like table manners :)

23.Eugene B. 08 Jul 2008 11:14
Thanks, I have understood all, and I will try to use these rules further. I think the self-taught musician or the beginners in play on a guitar will be surprised, when will see Cb :) Please, correct solo, I have added some notes which at first has not noticed.
24.Sebastian 08 Jul 2008 13:49

You can add chord-tabs if you want to:

Ab: 466544

Cb: 799877

And so on...

25.Eugene B. 08 Jul 2008 19:09
Roger Taylor - Final Destination (The Cross Version)

D   G   D   G

D                         G
Maybe it's just a feeling, everytime we meet
D                                    G
But you hit me right out of the blue, from all those people out on the streets.
D                                      G                     Gsus4 G
And if one time you told me that you loved me, heaven knows
D                                             G                        Gsus4 G
I would feel that I could ski right off the bridge of your pretty nose.

D             A        G
This could be my destination
D             A        G     Gsus4 G

D                                 G
And if one time you told me that you cared for me
         D               G  Gsus4 G
You would, renovate my soul

D             A        G     Gsus4 G
D             A        G               Gsus4   G      D    G    D(6)    G    D(6)    G    D    G
This could be my destination play some guitar now ...

D   
You could be my ...
                G
You might be my ...
               D
You must be my ...
            G
Final destination

D             A        G
D           A        G 
You must be my destination 
                  D
Know what I mean ...
                G                   D
In the day time,  in the night time
                  G                   D
In the Summertime,  in the wintertime
               G              D
About any time,  for all time
            G
Say you'll be mine 
            D        A
Say you'll be mine
            G
Say you'll be mine
          D
Till the end of time 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - Fun In Space 

C
Strangers in a strange land
F
In an alien heat
C
Journeys made by no man
F
In event of defeat
G                        Am
This ship sings to the skies
A                        Dm
This ship sings to the skies
    D
For all you gals and guys
E
Stranger than fiction
A#
The smile on your face
G
Boy when we get there
G7
We'll have fun in space

Our structure is battered But the corridors ring With little green stories Of this and these things This ship sings to the skies This ship sings to the skies For all you gals and guys Stranger than fiction The smile on your face Boy when we get there We'll have fun in space Ooooh yeah This ship sings to the skies - oh This ship sings to the skies For all you gals and guys Stranger than fiction The smile on your face Boy when we get there We'll have fun in space -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Good Times Are Now E Across the street your smile broke C Like a wave upon my face G D You didn't notice me at all E Across the street I saw you C With some other pretty face G I loved you then I love you now D I loved you then I love you now A I had to take a chance cos special moments C Only tend to happen now and then I had to take my chance And grab the moment by it's ears Not be just some fly on your wall Had to take my chance there So I asked you out to dance there I loved you then I love you now I loved you then I love you now I had to take a chance cos special moments Only tend to happen now and then G D Live for the present it's the only one we have F# C Nobody get's out of here...alive G D Life in the future might never come to pass C (C B A) G D //(bass notes) You know - good times are now Solo: E C G D E C I loved you then I love you now I loved you then I love you now I had to take a chance cos special moments Only tend to happen now and then Live for the present it's the only one we have Nobody get's out of here...alive Life in the future might never come to pass You know - good times are now Across the street your smile broke Like a wave upon my face You didn't notice me around Across the street I saw you With some other pretty face I loved you then I love you now I loved you then I love you now I had to take a chance cos special moments Only tend to happen now and then C (C B A) G You know - good times are now -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Magic Is Loose E||------7---3---10--|------7---3---8--|------8---5---7-|------10---7---8--|| B||--5---------------|--5--------------|--6-------------|--5---------------|| Almost like Christmas But the calendar's wrong The silence is deafening But the feeling is strong C Dm Magic is loose A G C Magic is loose in the world tonight Bm The sky is too black Am The stars are too bright (F) D# The air is too still (A) F Funny business alright C G Honey, can you feel it B F Honey, can you feel it C Dm Magic is loose A G C Dm Magic is loose In the world tonight Dm C All through the occident Am Through the grey atmospheres G All through the orient Bm Like a shroud around a sphere Bm My feelings are bent It's a strange kind of scene There's a little distortion On my personal screen Honey, Can you feel it Honey, Can you feel it Magic, Is loose A G G C G C G C Magic, Is loose In the world tonight world tonight world tonight -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - My Country 1 & 2 G Something horrid.... G C G D G C G D Oh oh oh A E I would not fight for my country Bm G I would not work to no rule A E Don't have no truck with no power game C F Won't be some other jerk's tool D A Don't have no part of no partisans C D# G Won't have no part 'cos one party and another's all the same D (Workin' for some other man) All the same Em Gonna play it (Workin' for some other man) C At my own game G C G D G C G D G C G D G C G D E D G D G Oh ee ooh Oi you I would not fight for my country I would not work to no rule Don't have no truck with no power game Won't be some other jerk's tool Don't have no part of no partisans Won't have no part 'cos one party and another's all the same All the same Gonna play it at my own game Don't wanna die for some old man's crusade Don't wanna hear what they feed Don't wanna kill for some cause of the age Don't wanna cry for somebody else's need Don't want no piece of no flag in the breeze Don't want no part 'cos one party and another's all the same All the same Gonna play it at my own game Ooooooh not me Oi you You don't get me Oi you Ooooooh not me Oi you You don't get me Oi you -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - No Violins D C G We were talkin' 'bout the old times D C G We went walking down the streets we used to run C G Remember when you were angry C G About every cause to be had D We weren't all bad... E I'm not talkin' 'bout security complex C I ain't talkin' 'bout some monochrome duplex E I ain't talkin' 'bout some new kinda weird sex C G I'm just talkin' 'bout - you and me D The way we used to be - hey A I'm just talkin' 'bout you and me brother E D I'm just talkin' 'bout another time and place G D We were hungry we were mad G D We were angry we were glad G D C We were really Jack the lad G C G C G D We weren't all bad E We went down we cruised around C We went down down down in the violence E We went around we went around and round and round C We didn't hear no violins G D Where's the madness where's the fire G D With the flames gettin' higher G D C G C G C G D Where's the saints and the liars I'm not talkin' 'bout security complex I ain't talkin' 'bout some monochrome duplex I ain't talkin' 'bout some new kinda weird sex I'm just talkin' 'bout - you and me The way we used to be - oh I'm just talkin' 'bout you and me brother I'm just talkin' 'bout another time and place We were hungry we were mad We were angry we were glad We were really Jack the lad We weren't all bad We went down we cruised around We went down down down in the violence We went around we went around and round and round We didn't hear no violins Where's the madness where's the fire With the flames gettin' higher Where's the saints and the liars We went down we cruised around We went down down down in the violence We went around we went around and round and round We didn't hear no violins We went down we cruised around We went down down down in the violence We went around we went around and round and round We didn't hear no violins -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Young Love Intro: G D||--0-4--5--0-4--5--5/7-5--|--0-4--5--0-4--5--5/7/9--|| /-slide A With a feeling so sure With a feeling so real D When you know that it's right When you know it's for real E A You gotta stick to your guns show the world that you just don't care When they're putting you down With their knives in your back When they're spreading it round When they're on the attack You gotta stand on your ground show the world that it's no cheap deal G This is your time This is your life D This is no cage F This is your problem This is your life C F G This is your age A E C G Starbright - this is your night F G D Young love is what you feel Am Em Young lovers fight Cm Gm But young love is right Fm G C When your young love is real You've seen it before Like your mum and your dad They're dying each day Living a life that's so sad You gotta stick to your guns Grab a chance while the chances come If you're frightened of dying You ain't really alive Every time that you meet You try to kindle the fire You gotta stand on your ground show the world that it's no cheap deal This is your time This is your life This is no cage This is your problem This is your life This is your age Starbright - this is your night Young love is what you feel Young lovers fight But young love is right When your young love is real A Young love is right E Young love is real F G D Young love is what you feel Young lovers fight But young love is right When your young love is real C Is real Is real Is real -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - It's An Illusion Intro: D Em7 G D |x2 F Can't believe what you hear D Don't believe what you read A D Hard to see what you need these days F Can't believe that it's true C You know we had so much to do G C How come you treat me this way G Hey - you C Why don't you play by the rules G Play by the rules You - just You must take me D C G Take me for some kind of fool D It's an illusion C Here and gone in a day G Not what it seems this American dream D Just drifting away It's an illusion After all that we've seen A complete waste of time, just a nursery rhyme Can't believe that you're leaving Can't believe what you hear Don't believe what you read Hard to see what you need these days They'll feed you the facts Leave you like a kid on a railroad track Our reason is fading away O.K. Not much left I can do I can do You - just You just took me Took me for some kinda fool It's an illusion Here and gone in a day Not what it seems this American dream Just drifting away It's an illusion After all that we've seen It's a complete waste of time Just a nursery rhyme Can't believe that you're leaving It's an illusion - it's an illusion It's an illusion It's an illusion

Post was edited on 09 Aug 2009 11:29
26.Eugene B. 09 Jul 2008 21:21
Excuse guys for off-topic, but that you think of my chords which are in following threads: Some Queen Chords and Brian May - Chords?
27.Eugene B. 30 Jul 2008 07:44
Hi guys, I have corrected some mistakes in "No Violins".
I doubt following songs, but nevertheless here they:

Roger Taylor - Abandon Fire

Inrto: Fm
Fm             G#
Join our army join our band
A#m                C#
Join our army and be a real man

Fm               G#
Abandon hope who enter here
A#m              C#
Land of hopelessness and fear
A band of gypsies a band of gold
Won't save your hide won't save your soul
Cm              D#        Fm          G#
Caught like a fly on the face of the Eiger
Cm          D#          Fm          G#   A#
There's a smile on the face of the tiger
     Cm
Abandon hope 
              D#
(Is this your answer?)
     Fm      G# A#
Abandon fire
Abandon ship
(You know the answer)
Abandon fire

Join our army join our band
Join our army and be a real man

The fires of hell would feel ice cold
And sure as time you'll soon grow old
Tears of heartache tears of rage
From living in a tiring age
Caught like a fly on the face of the Eiger
Now there's a smile on the face of the tiger
Abandon hope
(Is this your answer?)
Abandon fire
Abandon ship
(This is no answer)
Abandon fire
Abandon hope
(You know the answer)
Abandon fire
Abandon ship
Abandon fire

A#m             C#            F#        G#
Listen to the rhythms of the city life
A#m C# F# G# A#
Listen to the rhythms of your soul
Cm D# Fm G# A#
Listen to the rustling in the undergrowth
Cm D# Fm G# A#
Follow in the footsteps to your goal

Abandon hope (Is this your answer?) Abandon fire Abandon ship (This is no answer) Abandon fire Abandon hope (You know the answer) Abandon fire Abandon ship Abandon fire -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Taylor - Is It Me? Bb /A /G /F /Eb /D /C /Eb Bb So lonely, I'm so lonely, is it me? Or is it you? And I feel And I feel And I feel So lonely Only lonely Without you G How many times must I sit by the phone Must I feel so alone, must I stay in at home Eb Eb/Bb I feel lonely How many times can we patch up a fight, Can we stay home at night, try to keep out of sight I feel blue How many times mn we drive ourselves mad End up just feeling sad with a love turning bad Cm I'm so lonely Eb Only lonely Bb intro Without you And I feel And I feel And I feel So lonely I'm so lonely Is it me? Or is it you? And I feel And I feel And I feel So lonely Only lonely Without you How many tears must we cry in the night Must we needlessly fight Can't see no light There's no hope left How many pleas does it take to appease When you're down an your knees Seems that nothing can please So hopeless How many storms can the two of us take When there's so much at stake Something must break No rope left A hopeless home left Without you And I feel And I feel And I feel So lonely So lonely Is it me Or is it you?

Post was edited on 09 Aug 2009 11:39
28.Eugene B. 30 Jul 2008 13:15
Roger Taylor - Let's Get Crazy
Intro: B    DB  AB

E
Hey little mama
B DB AB
Give me the keys tonight (Oooh watcha gonna do)
Hey little honey
You're comin' out with me tonight (Oooh watcha gonna do)
A
Let's jump in your wheels
E B DB AB
And see how it feels tonight
F# B DB AB
Let's get crazy let's get crazy tonight (Ooooh yeah)
F#
Let's get crazy let's get riled (Oh yeah)
E B DB AB
Let's get crazy let's get wild tonight

A Dm
You know that I told you I'd always be true
A F#m
You know that I could never tell a lie
B A (F#m/A)
Well if you believe me the joke is on you
C# F#
I'll always be crazy 'till the day I die

E
Hey little fruitcake
B DB AB
Don't wear no shoes tonight (Oooh watcha gonna do)
We'll get some action
Nothin' to lose tonight (Oooh watcha gonna do)
A
Just play your part
E B DB AB
I'll show you my heart tonight
F# B DB AB
Let's get crazy let's get crazy tonight (Ooooh yeah)
F#
Let's get crazy let's get insane (Oh yeah)
E
Tell ya baby
B DB AB
You won't feel no pain tonight (alright)

F#
Let's get crazy let's get crazy
E B DB AB
Let's get crazy let's get crazy tonight
Alright

Alright...

Post was edited on 09 Aug 2009 11:32
29.Eugene B. 30 Jul 2008 17:37
Roger Taylor - Believe In Yourself

G#                       F
I used to think I was a loser
And all I did was bound to fail
To be a shaker and a mover
G#        Cm               F
Keep the bad guys on your tail

G#                                      F
Everybody wanna get to the top af the heap sometime
Everybody wanna climb to the top of the hill sometime
Everybody gotta take a little piece of the heat sometime
G#                G                     F
Everybody gotta stand on their own two feet, sometime

D#              Gm
I mean you, and I mean you
        G#              F7
I mean you, and I mean you
   D#   Gm      G#              F7
Believe in yourself, and nobody else

Everybody wants a shot at a lick of the cream sometime
Everybody wanna go, make a bit of a show sometime
Everybody need a chance, tap into the flow sometime
Everybody wanna trip, get a crack of the whip, sometime

I mean you and I mean you
I mean you and I mean you
Believe in yourself, and nobody else

D#
People with problems
Gm
People on streets
G#
People down your way
F7
People you meet
--------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - People On Streets

E
I said hey Michael Jackson and the politicians
You wanna get out on the street and see what you can
I said hey Mr President and senators too
I said Mr Prime Minister it's good for you
I said all the Queen's women and all the Queen's men
Better get it together 'cos it's real broken
I said a whatta you need is a lesson in reality
Because the way it stands you're a real liability

Am  Dm     Am   Dm  Am Dm       G Am
Get out and meet,   people on streets
Get out and meet,   people on streets
 Am  Dm     Am   Dm        Am Dm       G Am
You know and I know we're brothers in time
You know that truth is the right af mankind

I said hey all you music stars and DJ's too
You'd better real quick or it's up for you
And you quiz show hosts who think you're so fine
You talk to people like they're stupid and a waste of your time
And all you movie stars who think you're so cool
Maybe your time is up and it's time for the truth
There's a lot af lessons needed in humility
Because the way it stands your a real liability

Get out and meet, people on streets
You know that justice is for all mankind

I said hey Madonna and Roseanne Barr
Well you think that your big (you're too big by far)
If you think that you're important in the scheme of things
You'd better get real quick 'cos reality stinks
I said hey Ayatollah you're a real big cheese
However much you talk its just words in the breeze
If you're one of the people can't you prove it's true
Get out on the street and let reality come to you

Get out and meet people on streets
Get out and meet people on streets
You know that justice is for all mankind

---------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - Working Class Hero

Cm                        Bb            Cm
As soon as your born they make you feel small
Cm                        Bb        Cm
By giving you nothing instead of it all
Cm                               Bb         Cm
'Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
Cm                      Bb           Cm
A working class hero is something to be
Cm               Bb      F           Cm

Cm                             Bb         Cm
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
Cm                                      Bb        Cm
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool
Cm                                     Bb           Cm
'Til you're so f***ing crazy you can't follow their rules

Cm                                       Bb         Cm
When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years
Cm                      Bb     Cm
Then they expect you to pick a career
Cm                                    Bb         Cm
When you can't really function you're so full of fear

Cm                               Bb      Cm
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
Cm                                 Bb            Cm
And you think you're so clever and classless and free
Cm                                   Bb           Cm
But you're still f***ing peasants as far as I can see

Cm                               Bb          Cm
There's room at the top they are telling you still
Cm                              Bb           Cm
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
Cm                         Bb           Cm
If you want to be like the folks on the hill

Cm                            Bb          Cm
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
Cm                            Bb          Cm
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
---------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - Contact

Intro: E
 E
Feeling strange, turn around do it again
Feeling alright, feel like contact tonight
          A
Well you know what it says and you know what you feel
And you know what it's like and you know it's for real
                B
Take it to the limit, take it to the height
                E
Take it to the limit, contact tonight

Em                  G
Don't speak, don't break the spell
 D                F             C     (A    D A    D E) - play in first verse
Let's dance, you dance so well
   G
I contact you, you contact me
   F                  C
Across the room our glances meet
   B(sus4)
I contact you
E
Eye contact, eye contact

Feeling fine, feel like dynamite
Eyes speak more than words can say
Sparks fly eye contact is made
Well you know what it says and you know what you feel
And you know what it's like and you know it's for real
So take it to the limit, take it to the height
Take it to the limit, contact tonight

Breathe deep let your feelings show
Let's dance but not too slow
I contact you, you contact me
Across the room our glances meet
I contact you
Eye contact, eye contact

Take it to the limit, take it to the limit
Eye contact, eye contact

Post was edited on 30 Jul 2008 18:50
30.Eugene B. 31 Jul 2008 14:54
Roger Taylor - Cowboys And Indians

C                      CF   FC   CF   FC   CF   FC            
It's a long fast dance

F                   C
Well the long fast dance of progress
         F                    C
And the long slow waltz of decay
      F                   C
Made such a natural born couple
              F                      C
They settled down right here in the USA
  G              F          C        CF   FC   CF   FC
Dream home for two in the USA

Hot jazz, cool blues, we got country
We get rock and roll all day
Like to dance, come on down get funky
That's the way, that's the way
That's the way, hey hey, in the USA

Dm                               Am
There's still cowboys and indians (indians) at home on the range
         G           F             C
But the cowboys and indians have changed - they've changed
Cowboys and indians have changed

A
We've got James Dean on the silver screen
We've got James Brown he won't let you down

Now Elvis was the king of rock and roll
We got preacher men who want to save your soul
Got the motorcity with the Motown beat
Get hip to the beat on the hip hop street
Stars and bars and the biggest cars
And a rocket ship take you up to Mars
There's the east coast trip where it's real uptight
Where you work all day and you play all night
And the west coast side with the laid back scene
When you just lay back and it seems like a dream
There's a lot of places in between
There's Hollywood and the city by the bay
And the whole damn south down Louisiana way
                            G        F          C
That's the way, that's the way, hey hey, in the USA

Dm                               Am
There's still cowboys and indians (indians) at home on the range
But the cowboys and indians have changed - they've changed
        Dm            F          Am
In the land of the free and the home of the brave
     G           C/G(G)       G             F      C
The cowboys and cowgirls and indians have changed

Baby baby baby
That's the way that's the way that's the way in the USA...
Cowboys and indians...
In the USA...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - Stand Up For Love

E                            A
Clap your hands and let's groove
Clap your hands, clap your hands

E              A   E         A     
There comes a time in every life
There comes a day in every mind
Now don't look back, don't look behind
Stand up straight in your own time
Stand up for love, every good man
Stand up for love, and every foolish man
Stand up for love, and all the rich men
Stand up for love, and all the proud men
Stand up for love, stand up for love
Stand up for love

C#m                           E
(Stand)Everybody (stand up for love) come on and take my hand
      C#m                           B
(Stand)Everybody (stand up for love) you know it's time
B
It's time to make your stand

Clap your hands and let's groove

In case of fear, in case of fire
In case of some kinda earthquake or forest fire
I got my man (I got my man) right in my sights (sight)
He looks to the left, leans to the right
You know I want you to now
Stand up for love, every good man
Stand up for love, and every foolish man
Stand up for love, and every rich man
Stand up for love, and every proud man
Stand up for love
Stand up for love

C#m        E
Everybody come on and take my hand
      C#m         B
I said everybody you know it's time
It's time to make your, time to make your stand
              B          D
Stand up for love

E                                      D
Die for love (die for love), this is a cry for love (die for love)
               E                                  D
Let's fly for love (die for love), gotta die for love (cry for love)
Die for love (die for love), this is a cry for love (I cry for love)
Let's fly for love (die for love), gotta die for love (cry for love)

Stand up for love, stand up for love...
Stand (stand)...
Stand up for love, stand up for love...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Taylor - Love On A Tightrope (Like An Animal)

Intro: D    D  GCG  D  GCG  D  GCG               A
                              Listen - trapped again
A
Love on a lead is what you need
Love on a leash is what you wish
Love on a tightrope is what you get
A D
Love on a steep slope you ain't seen nothin' yet

GCG D GCG D
When you smile that wide wild smile
G A
That tiger smile, I'm trapped again

Be my dog be my pet
Like a nervous tic you just won't quit
Like a nervous tic you just won't quit
You don't need a doctor you need a vet

And when you laugh your crazy laugh
That wild cat laugh, I'm trapped again

E
Love on a tightrope, love on a tightrope
D A
Our love's on a steep slope
E
D A
No don't give up hope
C
Cos when you wish upon a star
G
Makes no difference who you are
F C
Don't give up hope, our love's on a tightrope

Like a tiger cat you're where it's at
Like a crocodile along the Nile
So strange and wild, some kind of reptile
Love on a lead is what you need

And when you smile that wide wild smile
That tiger smile, I'm trapped again, trapped again

They say never bite the hand that feeds
Just one look and my heart bleeds

You know our love's on a steep slope
Don't give up hope
Cos when you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Don't give up hope, our love's on a tightrope

A
Animal eyes - like a real good time
Animal lips - it's a perfect crime
Animal hair - it just ain't fair
Like an animal (aooo aooo)

Intro

A
Like an animal...

Post was edited on 09 Aug 2009 11:34
31.Eugene B. 01 Aug 2008 16:05
Roger Taylor - Penetration Guru

Intro: A

A            C                   G
You've only got to say what you really need
              A
You shall receive it
You've only got to know what you used to know
And then believe it

C
Contact me I'm no Darth Vader
 G
Can't you see that I'm no stranger
 D
Call to me when you're in danger

E                     C
I'm your penetration guru
G                     D
I'm an all pervading guy
Beyond the bandaloop I'll take you
I'll teach you how to live and never die
          A
Never die - how about that

And when you see the signs you'll freeze your mind
Then you'll be free
And when you feel the force you'll realise
It's heaven for you and me

Contact me I'm no Darth Vader
Can't you see that I'm no stranger
Call to me when you're in danger

Yeah I'm an all pervading guy
Beyond the bandaloop I'll take you (yes I will)
Never die
Never die - imagine that

Beyond the bandaloop I'll take you (yes I will)
Never die

Beyond the bandaloop I'll take you
Never die
        A
Never die
A penetration guru
                   G  D
Penetration guru
Never die
Penetration
32.Eugene B. 03 Aug 2009 11:52

I have corrected chords to the "Old Friends":

Cm                       Bb
Even know, even know we miss you now
 F/C                                    C
Look forward don't look back We'll get by somehow

What do you think about it?

Post was edited on 04 Aug 2009 15:09
33.Eugene B. 09 Aug 2009 11:38

I have made corrections in following songs: Love On A Tightrope (Like An Animal),The Key,The Also Rans,Let's Get Crazy,Abandon Fire,Breakdown,Loneliness,Fun In Space,Freedom Train.

34.Eugene B. 16 Aug 2009 19:06

Roger Taylor - Feel The Force

A                             D
You can touch, but you don't feel
A                                  D
No, you ain't deaf, but you don't hear
A                          E
You can hurt, but you can heal
                                         D
Though you ain't blind, you still can't see
             A
Or learn to feel

You can raise your hand, but you can't reach
You can pray and you can preach
Lift up your voice, know where its coming on
No matter how, jump and shout
And let it out

D                            G
Feel the force, it lifts you up, it takes you out
          D
Feel the force, you just can't stop
              G
It makes you sing and want to shout
          D                A
And tear down your prison walls
       G                 Bb  D  F
Like they ain't there at all

F
And if you think, there's no set heat, now listen
Just when you think you're trapped you must be strong
F             C/E      D#                 Bb/D
Cos who's to tell you just what's right or wrong
      C#                      Bb                         F
Your mortal mind will show you just which road to travel on

F                            Bb
          F
             Bb
          F                C
           Bb            C#

F                Bb
  Feel the force
F                Bb
  Feel the force
          F                C
           Bb            C#

I want you to feel
I want you to feel
Feel the force

Post was edited on 16 Aug 2009 20:04
35.Eugene B. 24 Nov 2009 08:51

Roger Taylor - The Unblinking Eye (Everything Is Broken)

next post

Post was edited on 24 Nov 2009 09:11
36.Eugene B. 24 Nov 2009 08:59
Intro: D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb

C           Em
God would weep if he existed
And he saw what man can do to man
       F
He'd think that we were twisted
        Am                 G
His unblinking eye would blink and then
      C
He'd say not in my name you don't
      Em
You stupid little men
          F
With your arrogance and ignorance
    Am              G
You do it time and time again

F  Am
    And I
       C              G
    I must be getting old
               F          Am
    There's a fire and a fury
            C            G
    Driven deep into my soul
              F                 Am
    It's the helplessness that comes
               G               Am
    From being under your control
        C      G        C   Bb5C5  Bb5C5  and so on          // or F5C5  F5C5 or Bb5/FC5  Bb5/FC5 ?
    And everything is broken

We got the High Street full of holes
                            The High Street's full of holes
                            High Street's full of holes

C                     Em
Five million cameras stare at us
They treat us like we're fools
      F
Our privacy is meaningless
       Am                  G
We're suffocating by ten thousand rules
      C
This Kingdom's not united
        Em
Just a complicated mess
           F
Are we in Europe, half in Europe, not in Europe
       Am                     G
We're soulless, spineless, directionless

And I
    I must be getting old
    Driven deep into my soul
    From being under your control
    And everything is broken
C        Em        F        Am
       Stylophone!
        C      G        D#m    Bb    Dm  F  D#m    Bb    Dm  F  D#m    Bb    Dm  F    D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb  D#m  Bb
    And everything is broken 

C
Why send our young men out to die
    Em
In wars that we don't understand
  F
Why on earth should we be meddling
     Am            G
In places like Afghanistan
      C
The price is much too high
             Em
In terms of money or our precious men
      F
Your reasons are mysterious
     Am           G
And quite beyond ken

And I
    I must be getting old
    Driven deep into my soul
    You even sold our gold
        C      G        C     Em
And everything is broken

Post was edited on 24 Nov 2009 15:20
37.Eugene B. 26 Nov 2009 14:30
It is interesting to Somebody that I do? 
38.LG 27 Nov 2009 14:52
Surely Eugene, actually I am not able to give it time it deserves to. It is in plan to move your work into the archive!
39.Eugene B. 28 Nov 2009 07:08
I do not care of it whether there will be my work is moved into the archive or not.
I care about correctness and accuracy of my work. And I hoped that you will help me with it.
Thanks, Sebastian, for your help,I appreciate your time LG, but such a feeling that it disturbs only us.
I hope that somebody else will become interested and will help me to correct my mistakes.

P.S. Sorry guys for my English. 
40.LG 28 Nov 2009 22:44
It might be a surprise, but I am not a musician and I can't help you with corrections in your tabs and chords. Sebastian or Denes could.
41.Eugene B. 29 Nov 2009 13:11
LG, it's surprise) Maybe there are interested persons who will read this thread soon. I hope.

Post was edited on 29 Nov 2009 13:12
42.Benoit B. 21 Jan 2010 16:24
Hi there!

I have never really post anything to this board, but come to this site quite regurlarly, for a couple of years, now...

Being a great fan of Roger's Work, I must say congratulation, and thank you Eugen B for all your work!

cheers, and rock on!
43.Sebastian 22 Jan 2010 19:08
I haven't been here for donkey's years, but now I see your updates I'm quite thrilled. I'll reply and make some corrections soon... it's been quite hectic around here. Thanks a lot for your input. Roger rocks!
44.PD 06 Feb 2010 06:45
Hi Eugene! Let me also join to Sebastian and thank you your precious effort in transcribing
Roger tabs and chords!

I've just updated "Tonight" and also checked "Feel The Force" but could not upload.
Libi, please create a "Feel The Force" link in the Cross directory (this song was B-side of "Shove It")!
Thanks.
45.LG 11 Feb 2010 11:27
Denes, Shove It has been resurrected.
46.Sebastian 15 Feb 2010 05:28
While not an 'analysis', some comments on the functional harmony for the songs so far:

Tonight: C Major - I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi and the rare V/iii
Breakdown: E Major - I, ii, IV, V
Dear Mr Murdoch: D Major - I, iii, V, vi and the secondary dominant V/V
Everybody Hurts Sometime: C Major - I, iii, IV, V, vi
Freedom Train: C Major - I, ii, iii, IV, V
Future Management: A minor - i, III, iv, v, VII and the chromatic I
Hand of Fools: C Major - I, iii, IV, V, vi and the secondary dominant V/V
Loneliness: F Major - I, ii, IV, V and the chromatic V/ii, bVI and vii
Man on Fire: G Major - I, ii, iii, IV, V and the secondary dominant V/V
New Dark Ages: C Major - I, ii, IV, V, vi and the secondary subdominant IV/IV
No More Fun: E Major - I, IV, V and the secondary subdominant IV/IV
Power to Love: B-Flat Major - I, IV, V; chorus modulates to C Major and uses I, IV, V and vi
The Also Rans: C Major - I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi and the chromatic V/V and III/i
The Key: C Major - I, iii, IV, V, vi and the chromatic V/V and iv
Woman You're So Beautiful: C Major - I, iii, IV, V and vi
Beautiful Dreams: C Major - I, iii, IV, V, vi and the chromatic III/i
Killing Time: B-Flat Major - I, IV, V and the chromatic IV/IV, III/i, V/ii, bII, V/iii, V/V and vidim
Final Destination: D Major - I, IV, V
Fun in Space: C Major - I, ii, IV, V, vi and the chromatic V/V, V/ii, V/iii and IV/IV
Good Times Are Now: G Major - I, IV , V and the chromatic V/V, V/ii, V/iii and V/vi
Magic Loose: C Major - I, ii, IV, V and the chromatic V/ii, v/iii, III/i
My Country: G Major - I, IV, V, vi and the chromatic V/V, V/ii, IV/IV, bVI
No Violins: G Major - I, IV, V plus the chromatic V/V and V/ii
It's An Illusion: G Major - I, IV, V, vi and the chromatic IV/IV and V/V

Old Friends: B-Flat Major - I, ii, IV, V and the secondary subdominant IV/IV; solo modulates to C and uses I, IV, V and vi

Young Love: D Major - I, IV, V plus the secondary dominant V/V; then it modulates to C and uses I, iii, IV , V and vi as well as i, iv, v, V/ii and V/vi

Abandonfire and the rest are coming later on. Corrections so far:

Regarding Loneliness, IMO it's got a Db rather than C#
Beautiful Dreams has Eb rather than D#
Fun in Space has Bb rather than A#
Magic Is Loose has Eb rather than D#, same for My Country

Post was edited on 02 Jun 2010 09:33
47.PD 17 Feb 2010 05:45
About "Unblinking Eye":

I feel the influence of a particular Lennon song on this one. Guess which one!

Another interesting point is the good old Roger motif: power chord with step up.

I wanted tu upload Unblinking Eye but failed: where to?
Libi help!

PD

Post was edited on 17 Feb 2010 06:04
48.Sebastian 03 May 2010 23:02
Abandonfire: F minor. Chords are six diatonic plus IV.
Is It Me?: B-Flat Major. Chords are I, ii, IV and the chromatic V/ii.
Let's Get Crazy: B Major. Chords are I, IV, V and the chromatic III/i, IV/IV, v, V/V and the rare biii.
Believe in Yourself: A-Flat Major. Chords are I, iii, V and the borrowed ones V/ii and iii/V.
People on Streets: A minor. Chords are i, iv, VII and the verse's in E  (Phrygian?).
Contact: E Major (three majors) modulating to minor then (i, III, VI, VII and the chromatic IV/VI.
Cowboys and Indians: C Major. Chords are I, ii, IV, V, vi.
Stand Up for Love: E Major. Chords are I, IV, V, vi and the borrowed IV/IV.
Love on a Tightrope: A Major. Chords are I, IV, V and the borrowed IV/IV, III/i and VI/i.
Penetration Guru: A Major (?). Chords are I, IV, V and the borrowed IV/IV and III/i.
Feel the Force: A Major. Chords: I, IV, V and IV/IV, then it modulates to F Major (I, IV, V, IV/IV, VI/i, V/ii).

Abandonfire has Ab instead of G#, Bbm instead of A#m, Db instead of C# and Bb instead of A#, Eb instead of D#.
Believe in Yourself has Ab instead of G#, Eb instead of D#
Feel the Force has Db and Eb instead of C# and D#.
pages 1