HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Bechstein Debauchery's back!Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sebastian: Bechstein Debauchery's back!13 Jan 2007 17:47
1.PD 18 Jan 2007 08:41
Wow! Very nice. It's a huge site.

By the way how do you know air-conditioner was used for "The Prophet's Song"?
2.Sebastian 18 Jan 2007 16:13
They said so in the extended version of the documentary. One of the engineers. 'Twas quite a disappointment since I sincerely hoped it was a reversed gong.

I'm pleased with the site although there are thousands of things to modify and improve. My favourite aspect of it is that it's 5 MB big, all pix included ;)
3.PD 25 Jan 2007 09:16
I cant remember where, but that sound also appears in another early Queen song.
4.Sebastian 03 Feb 2007 22:20
Perhaps 'Lap Of The Gods'? If so, that one is a flanged cymbal. You can tell the difference ... after all, any solved puzzle is easy ;)
5.BrianMay 06 Feb 2007 13:55
Lol Sebastian... One of the engineers? I hope you mean Roy Thomas Baker. In my opinion he's more than just an engineer
6.Sebastian 06 Feb 2007 15:16
Was it Roy? As far as I remember, it wasn't him who said that...
7.BrianMay 06 Feb 2007 18:52
it was Roy yeah, he's sitting in the studio with his tapes, and he also said Prophets Song was recorded on several tapes. And put together in the end (which they did with a lot of the complex songs like Borhap and Black Queen)
8.Sebastian 07 Feb 2007 03:33
Well, still what I said is correct: Roy is still "one of the engineers". If I had written "a bloke who was just an engineer" that'd have been wrong.
9.BrianMay 07 Feb 2007 03:40
Yeah, I didn't say you weren't right. It just sounds so disrespectful. But i'm sure you didn't mean it that way :P
10.Sebastian 07 Feb 2007 11:36
Sure, if I had remembered it had been Roy, I would have said something along the lines of "His Majesty" ;)
11.Daniel 26 Mar 2007 18:01
The new site is cool but i cant find some sections i did with the old one,  like information album per album in wich i could see for example De Lane sessions. Also I can't open the Gear section
12.angel 14 Jan 2008 10:57

Sorry for re-opening this old topic but as I am trying somehow to gather information for my diploma work, I realized that there´s a (really small) mistake in your BD, Sebastian. The Wedding March which May used on Flash Gordon is not a traditional, but it´s from Richard Wagner´s opera Lohengrin. I don´t really want to be a fault-finder, but I as your web is almost perfect, I´m sure that you would like to have all the information precise.

13.Sebastian 14 Jan 2008 13:39

You're right, and in the drafts for the new version (due to be issued mid-winter, I hope) already include the source.

Nevertheless, I'm not technically "wrong" there since that wedding march IS traditional (i.e. passed from one generation to another through customs and culture), and at the same time it's composed by Wagner. Those statements aren't mutually excluding; it'd be different if I had put "annonymous" as opposed to "traditional". So what I made there was an omission rather than a mistake.

Post was edited on 14 Jan 2008 13:40
14.angel 16 Jan 2008 11:31

13: so it is a traditional but it was firstly used and harmonized by Richard Wagner, right?

15.Sebastian 16 Jan 2008 12:09

Yes. Similarly, 20th century songs like We Will Rock You, YMCA, The Entertainer, Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Rock N' Roll Part II, Angie, Smoke On the Water, etc. can be regarded traditional already.

16.Daniel 19 Jan 2008 04:36

One question, about which documentary was everybody speaking?

17.Sebastian 19 Jan 2008 13:20

The 'Classic Albums' one. You can see some bits here:

uk.youtube.com

uk.youtube.com

uk.youtube.com

18.Daniel 23 Jan 2008 21:40

yes, i have that one. But you said something about an air-conditioner in prophets song , and there is no mention about that song in the documentary

19.Sebastian 24 Jan 2008 13:07

Ah, that's the DVD version, which has some more things.

I actually dislike those 'Classic albums' things, they're way too mediocre. I only liked the Stevie Wonder one.

20.PD 25 Jan 2008 06:11

When I listened that noise in the 5.1 channels, it sounded very similar to the intro noise of Ogre Battle.

pages 1