HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Chinese TortureBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Daniel: Chinese Torture13 Feb 2006 02:16
Which effect does Brian use for this track.  BTW he also uses it on his Guitar solos on the Paul Rodgers tour
1.Bohardy 13 Feb 2006 12:30
It's a harmonizer, although I can't remember what type. Quite simply, the harmonizer will make a 3 note chord out of 1 played note, by adding notes a 5th below and a major 3rd above the note played on the guitar.

Bri uses it on a few other songs from The Miracle (Party, and Was It All Worth It and possibly The Miracle itself, from the top of my head) as well as on Rollin' Over from Back To The Light.
2.Ricky 13 Feb 2006 15:41
That's crazy--so he's really playing a slew of major inverted chords in the solo?
3.Sebastian 13 Feb 2006 16:28
If it's the same used during Get Down Make Love then it's an Eventide. If not, no idea.

Btw note that he used a Vocalist (or something like that) device for Driven By You intro and outro.
4.Bohardy 13 Feb 2006 17:21
Well, he's not "really playing a slew of major inverted chords". He's playing a load of single notes, but what you HEAR is a slew of major inverted chords.

I was gonna mention the Eventide. Even if the harmonizer in question is made by Eventide, there's no way it's the same type/model as what Bri and Fred were using in the 70s.

I'm sure Bri wrote on his soapbox about it not too long ago, in response to a question about him using it for AKOM from ROTC.
pages 1