HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Queen - occultic band?Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Bruno: Queen - occultic band?21 Jan 2006 22:15
My friend, a Jehovah's Witness, said she doesn't listen to any occultic bands. Namely, Eagles (Hotel California), Robbie Williams (Feel), Hendrix (Voodoo Child), and... Queen. Why??? A kind of magic? That's definitely not THAT kind of magic. Then I started thinking, in the begining, they wrote a lot of songs concerning religion. And they weren't pro Christianity. So, was Queen a occultic band? Or, do JWs have too big standards for their music?
1.Sebastian 22 Jan 2006 01:10
I think the only one involved with religious lyrics was Freddie, and I didn't find anything offensive except for Great King Rat's bridge, which isn't an anti-Christianism statement but, supposedly, a fictional advice from the King.

I think some of the most fanatic followers of any denomination would instantly believe all that crap about "another one bites backwards..." or perhaps that 'One Vision' is a devil worship thing.

I personally never found Queen more "occultic" than Prince or Michael Jackson, both of them Jehova's Witnesses as far as I know.
2.zaiga 23 Jan 2006 08:56
If one finds The Eagles and Robbie Williams occultic, then they will certainly view Queen as an occultic band too. Their most occultic text is probably Bohemian Rhapsody with all it's references to the devil in the operatic section. JWs definitely have too big standards for their music, though. I think they view almost every contemporary music as "occultic", unless, perhaps, if it's music with overtly pro-Christian lyrics.

The thing is that most religion fanatics will view anything that falls even slightly outside of their own narrow borders of what's right and wrong will be condemned and viewed as occultic, if they want to. Therefore, a song like "A Kind of Magic" can be viewed as occultic, because "it is about magic" without even looking further and thinking about the metaphorical meaning of the song's lyrics.
3.BrianMay 24 Jan 2006 23:35
Jehova Witness are crazy
4.BrianMay 24 Jan 2006 23:36
Sebastian, Great King Rat is about the Anti-Christ
pages 1