HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: NoisesBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Bruno: Noises21 Mar 2005 10:33
How did they make the wind noise in their no synth period? E.g. the intros in Ogre Battle and Prophet Song. And also there is some noise in the BoRhap "anyway the wind blows" also in the intro.
1.Sebastian 21 Mar 2005 18:25
Ogre Battle`s intro is the reversed outro, note that it ends with a gong being hit. It`s reverbered, so when you put it backwards you first hear the reverberation and then the actual sound, creating that "ghost" or "wind" effect. I suppose Prophet`s Song was done that way as well, Bo Rhap sounds more like a reversed and/or flanged/chorused/compressed (crash) cymbal roll than a gong.
2.PD 21 Mar 2005 18:57
I also wonder how the ending of "...revisited" was done.
3.Sebastian 26 Mar 2005 19:14
Tape saturation, I think Bri said so in Mojo sometime ago
4.LHG 27 Mar 2005 17:54
Many of the weird noses were made by modifying simple sounds I believe. Lots of the time it was Brian's guitar with some kind of effect. I think that the strange mechanical breathing sound at the beginning of Death On Two Legs was made a by the teeth on a comb being raked and slowed down to half speed. Good little trick isn't, it? Sounds like a sleeping dragon or something!
5.Sebastian 17 Jun 2005 15:50
One of my favourite parts of weird noises is the interlude of Ogre Battle, I don't know if they used some kind of trick on the gutural "ogres", but it seems like they speeded them down gradually adding strange echoes as well. Nice reversed drum thing. I love listening to Pink Floyd's weird effects, they were the ultimate band at that together with Radiohead
pages 1