HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: AliensBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Bruno: Aliens13 Feb 2005 20:09
Do you think that some parts of some songs just don't belong there. For example, I think Teo Torriatte could be better off with some minor key chorus. Also, All God's People - the bridge "This magic light". It just doesn't fit in the song. But, that's just my opinion
1.Sebastian 14 Feb 2005 01:44
The pre-bridge in Invisible Man (the demo) is quite odd, though I`d have liked if they put another section to add some sense and link it with the rest of the song. Unfortunately they put the commercial aspect first.
2.PD 16 Feb 2005 09:45
The guitar break in "I Guess...".
The synth-Verse in Breakfree.
The percussion-section in "Radio Gaga"
I used to dislike the Bridge of "Dont Stop Me Now", but finally it grown on me.
Too long outro for "If you cant beat them"

"Teo Torriatte could be better off with some minor key chorus."
Do you mean that the minor-to-major change (verse-chorus) does not work here?
3.BrianMay 16 Feb 2005 19:50
Hot Space
4.BrianMay 16 Feb 2005 19:52
Nah, serious :)

- The solo in The Miracle doesn't make any sense
- The Refrain of Sweet Lady could've been better. I really like the melody of the verses and the bridge, but the melody in the chorus ruins the whole song.
5.Bruno 16 Feb 2005 20:49
"Do you mean that the minor-to-major change (verse-chorus) does not work here?"

I'm just saying that in my opinion, the verses create a specific mood of the song and the chorus ruins it. It's not a question of minor-to-major change, it's the fact that the verses are more appealing to me than chorus and I think that Teo would be much better with not necessarily a minor key chorus, but something that better fits the mood of the verses. For example, My Fairy King features lots of different verses and bridges and refrains but the mood of the song is the same throughout the whole song. But not all mood changes are bad, it's just when you do them it's a hit or miss. While Under Pressure is a hit, Teo is a miss.
pages 1