HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Mistakes/confusions in my websiteBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sebastian: Mistakes/confusions in my website26 May 2004 14:51
Just to be original (lol) I want to make a similar list of corrections like the one about this site analyses. Any contribution is welcome:

---------

Keep Yourself Alive:

> I can`t picture Brian creating the guitar solo

I think I confused the word, I wanted to put "drum solo".

> Brian said he wrote the lyrics to be sung ironically

There`s a quote about that in Off The Record (the one about `News Of The World`). Does anybody here have it exactly?

-------

Doin` All Right:

> Sadly very few has been said about the particular involvement of each one...

It`s incredible that Jazz web had that "ask uncle Tim" section for so long and I never asked him about that. Anyway I guess Tim must have been more in the lyrical part and the song form, since he was more influenced by progressive and "rare" music.

----------

My Fairy King:

There are some redaction mistakes ("Written in the studio", later on "it seems written in the studio").

---------

Liar:

> The orchestral arrangement is ...

I think that term isn`t apropiated. I don`t know about you guys, but with "orchestral arrangement" I just picture a group of violin players and some bassoon and stuff like that. I think I should use "instrumental arrangement"

--------------

Son And Daughter:

I think I must do a deeper analysis of Led Zeppelin hereby in this one

--------

Jesus:

The Mercury/Weber connections should have it`s own essay (as a kind of appendix in the website).

I hope we can someday hear how did the live version sound

-------------

Seven Seas Of Rhye:

I like Fred`s quote about how much he was learning about song structure at the time. I should make some Queen I and II analysis instead of The Miracle as I was thinking

Of course, to be continued...
1.BrianMay 27 May 2004 14:58
"He also danced some tap (to be heard at different points)"

I remember telling you this a few months ago, Maybe you already corrected it for your next update, But theres no tapping in it, There are rimshots though (Which more or less sound the same)

I also saw another mistake, but i can't remember what it was...

pages 1