HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Brian's SingingBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Bruno: Brian's Singing16 Apr 2004 22:33
I keep reading articles on this site that say that Brian didn't have a good vocal technique and that if he was a lead singer, his voice would be damaged. Why? What it exactly vocal technique? How is his v.t. in comparation with Freddie and Roger ? Maybe some examples?
1.Sebastian 17 Apr 2004 02:50
Brian sang so much with the chest, didn`t have correct breathing or whatsoever. He had/has a very beautiful voice color, but his voice wasn`t technically good. It`s more or less hard to explain though. The thing is that Brian forced so many times the high notes, for example Doin` All Right at Earls Court before last verse, there`s some "ah ah ah ah oh" in which Brian reached a B3, you can note it`s very difficult for him to sing that. In contrast Roger sang E4 in the studio version of `Tie Your Mother Down` with many strenght and power, you can note that even if it wasn`t very easy for him to do that without falsetto, it was still in his range.
2.Sebastian 03 May 2004 16:20
Something amazing about Roger is that he could sound really huge, sadly he only did it in one song: I Wanna Testify, in which he does an amazing choir intro, doing very low and very high voices. The awesome thing is that his voice sounded very very different in the different ranges, compare his voice in the intro of IWT (the low octave) with the normal raw range (e.g. Rock It), with the high soft range (e.g. Beautiful Dreams), with the high strong range (e.g. I`m In Love with My Car), with the high screaming head voice range (e.g. last chorus of Tie Your Mother Down), with the falsetto range (high `Galileo` in Bo Rhap, `39 bridge), they all soudn different.
pages 1