HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Head Voice Or Falsetto ?Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Bruno: Head Voice Or Falsetto ?15 Apr 2004 15:52
There are songs or should I say notes where I can't tell if it's falsetto or head voice, so I'm counting on you to help me :

1.) My Fairy King, the beginning, "In the land ..."
2.) The Show must go on, the end, "shooowwww", that's a D4 I think
3.) Innuendo, the end, "till the END of time", a Eb4;
4.) Hang On In There, middle, "PRAY for that moment", a E4

Well, thanks in advance, you've allways been helpful
1.Sebastian 16 Apr 2004 12:08
1 - Falsetto
2 - Head
3 - Head
4 - Head
2.martyman 25 Aug 2004 17:15
maybe a stupid question:
what's the difference between falsetto and head voice?
i thought these are the same :(
3.Bruno 03 Jul 2006 14:44
How about...

1.) Mother Nature's Son - the bridge
2.) From Me To You - "...I can do...", the high C
3.) Every Night - the bridge/outro (Paul McCartney)

Thnx
4.BrianMay 04 Jul 2006 22:28
Martyman you are right. Falsetto and head voice is the same.

I think bruno meant chest voice or falsetto.

Falsetto (or headvoice) is the way of singing where you sing from your throat, and your vocal chords are used different. Because you have less resonance from the chest and more from the throat and head it sounds like a thin, more femine vocalsound. Often falsetto would have been said as 'out of tune' but since 50 years it has been totally accepted.

You can get your falsetto voice by singing higher, and by a special position of the vocal chords and the larynx

By the way, Falsetto was used as a replacement of a female voice in the church, because women weren't allowed in the church.
5.Bohardy 05 Jul 2006 13:33
Sorry Niek. Head Voice and Falsetto are not the same.

www.answers.com
en.wikipedia.org (note the "Not to be confused with head voice...").
www.f-mercury.com.ar
www.f-mercury.com.ar

6.BrianMay 06 Jul 2006 17:19
Strange, are this again a typical case of cultural differences. cause in dutch falset (falsetto) and kopstem (headvoice) are the same thing.

7.BrianMay 06 Jul 2006 17:27
Strange, are this again a typical case of cultural differences. cause in dutch falset (falsetto) and kopstem (headvoice) are the same thing.

8.Sebastian 06 Jul 2006 23:57
Indeed the Dutch version of Wikipedia has it that they're the same. Another mistake in an ocean of errors in that site :)
9.BrianMay 19 Jul 2006 12:55
I really doubt it's a mistake, since it's not the only musical difference between countries. For example the name of notes (Germany has an 'H' note) and in some European countries the C3 is not the same note as the English (or American?) one.
10.zaiga 19 Jul 2006 20:34
It's true. "Kopstem" (lit. headvoic) eand "Falsetto" are the same thing in Dutch, it's not a mistake on the site, just a confusion of translating things differently. I don't know the Dutch word for "headvoice", though.
11.BrianMay 19 Jul 2006 23:54
I believe it's "borststem" (Lit: chestvoice) Which is more logical i think.
pages 1