HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Mack interviewBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sebastian: Mack interview13 Aug 2003 15:37
today a friend of mine sent me an interview that a German magazine made to Mack in 2000, sadly he sent it to me translated in Spanish, I already asked him if he could send me the original to get an accurate English interpretation.

but, some really interesting tips could be found there, some of you might be interested:

- Roger loved A Human Body and wanted Coming Soon in the B-Side of the single, but Brian and Fred tought the album would be too melodic with AHB, so they switched positions

- Roger was clear that he wanted to sing Rock It, but Mack and Brian suggested Freddie. Both versions were recorded and John voted for Roger, while Brian voted for Freddie. Finally the compromise was taken and Fred sang the intro and Roger the rest. Interesting, because that means in the files there can be version sung totally by Roger and totally by Fred.

- Mack played the synth of 'Rock It', because when the ydecided to put Roger's version, he realised that Rog sang the sentences too fast, while Fred made them longer, so Mack put the synth noises at the end of the verses to fill the gasps.

- Stealin' was written by Freddie, Mack said in 1987 he got a call from Fred who said that he was working on that song, and that he owed the style of it to the great work they had in Munich in early 80s

- For many years Fred considered CLTCL to be one of his three or four best songs

- Brian said that The Game was the best album since Races
1.PD 13 Aug 2003 18:03
Thank you Sebastian, that was very interesting.
2.botley 01 Jan 2004 23:47
> Roger loved A Human Body and wanted Coming Soon in the B-Side of the single,
> but Brian and Fred tought the album would be too melodic with AHB, so they
> switched positions

I completely agree with Roger here! A Human Body is fantastic... it also works nicely when sequenced in between John's songs.
pages 1