HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: The HitmanBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sebastian: The Hitman20 May 2003 23:17
hi

my next article is about the hitman. now can you tell me anything about that one? for example stylistical trademarks, some interesting details on the arrangement?

the only thing particularly Freddiesque I find is the little orchestral part found after "fool for your love" I seem to remember, and the only Brianesque thing is the fact that he sings all the harmonies, which is a very rare case on a song from Freddie (on the 70% of his songs he sang all the harmonies, and although there are some cases on which he used Roger but not Brian or John - e.g. Great King Rat or Lap Of The Gods - I can hardly find any - other - Fred song on which Brian sings but Roger doesn't, I think on 'Winter's Tale' there are both of them)
1.PD 21 May 2003 07:04
Hitman is sheduled as #119 on my list (ca. 2007).

The song has non-model-like form: two verses then it gets more or less acyclic closed with one of the longest guitarsolo by Brian. As we know John re-arranged the form. The double-stop riff (in fourths) and the way how the main chord is varied an shifted down and up reminds me of Let Me Entertain You. I cannot say more at the moment. It's not an easy song to analyse by its chord progression...
2.Sebastian 21 May 2003 13:27
well thank you

I can only think of one Fred's song on which the actual lyrics appear only at the beginning and the rest is just instrumental ad libings: Livin' On My Own
pages 1