HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: Some helpsBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
wiz eutropio: Some helps25 Apr 2003 22:13
Does anybody knows who is S.LUCAS credited to be the author of Smile's 'April Lady'?
And what is the Hendrix chord? a simply chord or something more? When Brian used it it was a quote or a coincidence? Are there some exampless around?
1.PD 25 Apr 2003 22:36
As I know even the Smile members did not know S Lucas personally.

The voicing of the Hendrix chord is E-E-G#-D-G-E. By the way this chord was used way before Hendrix. Brian must have learned from Hendrix, his No1 influence as guitarist. Others also have used the chord, it's a very characteristic and also very easy to play chord. Brighton Rock is a Queen example song, but I vaguely remember another song on Live Killers (maybe Let Me Entertain You?)

groups.google.com
2.wiz eutropio 25 Apr 2003 22:53
thanks!
3.PD 02 Jun 2003 21:22
Is your book is being completed nowadays? Are there some interesting details you could share with us?
4.wiz eutropio 02 Jun 2003 23:32
Well, I finished the analysis of the tracks from "QUEEN" to "THE GAME", and now within two months I should write the last three chapters. I will let you know when it will be totally completede. Of course I will share with you some points (even if it is diffucult to explain the dramatic process in english) and I already quote you and some other members for the precious help and the contributions to the analysis.
About S. Lucas, I find out in a interview that he was a friend of Freddie in the 60s, and Mercury himeself intruced him personally to Smile, but without success, apart "April Lady".
pages 1