HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: new version of my siteBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Sebastian: new version of my site21 Apr 2003 22:08

members.fortunecity.com

this is a much better version, contributions welcome

1.PD 21 Apr 2003 22:50
It's much better than the original. There was something wrong with the old site becasue it always slowed down my machine. This one is easy to navigate and the content is clear.
2.PD 24 Apr 2003 18:12
There is a lot of things I would debate about (but I won't for a while). You may suspect what are these.
Just an example: two basslines recorded for each song on Jazz. Frankly I have not realised this yet, even though I transcribed some basslines there: DSMN, Jealousy, segments from Mustapha and Dead On Time,...

I would suggest to use refernces for the "debatable" points as books do: numbers in the text, and list of references in the foot-note. If there's no written reference, and your point was a result of your close listening to, write it down too, or bring it onto the board (here or the QZ/QOL/AMQ) one by one. It's important because your page is a standalone one, and soon or later others may use it as reference. If you make a wrong point, a legend may born, a wrong legend.
3.Sebastian 24 Apr 2003 22:54
> There is a lot of things I would debate about (but I won't for a while).

I think you should tell me them right now, because I want it to be better soon. Just now I checked an e-mail of a visitor that worked on the Oberheim company and corrected me that the OBX-a was released in 1981 (yes Edgar if you're reading, you were totally right), and Brian is playing an OBX on the video, not an OBX-a. That changes everything. But the X-a was still used on tours, it's probable that they kept working on it on Works and even Magic sessions.

> two basslines recorded for each song on Jazz.

I'm not really sure about it. By one side it's probable that John overdubbed his slides later, but some songs (like Fat Bottomed Girls or Mustapha) use the slides as part of the (main & only) bass-line

> It's important because your page is a standalone one, and soon or later others may use it as reference. If you make a wrong point, a legend may born, a wrong legend.

Thanks a lot. Yes I've got to be careful, because of the Bijou software a lot of people think John wrote Don't Try So Hard and I've received insults because I said it was Brian and Fred, even though I had proofs.
pages 1