HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: The Royal Legend DictionairyBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
BrianMay: The Royal Legend Dictionairy15 Mar 2003 20:58

What about making a dictionairy and add it to the website. Lot of people who visit the website don't speak english very well, or not well enough to know all the stuff like Cyclic Form and so on. So maybe a few people can set up a dictionairy with a little discription of what a word means.
I'm also willing to help ofcourse!

Cheers!

1.PD 15 Mar 2003 21:24
I plan to open a thread with links to pages that explain several things much better than my tutorial texts do. Terms like "cyclic songform" IMO we can explain in reply-posts. It's realy important to use easy to understand language. When I was reading Beatles analysis notes it was very tiring for me to open up the dictionary. Since I don't speak english very well, I'm using a relatively basic language. Of course there are some musical expressions that many people don't know, a part of them I listed at the end of the theory-tutorial, but I'm going t seek a more complete on-line dictionary of musical expressions to link to.
By the way: wellcome on the board, BM. After months of silence I thought you'll never post here.
2.LG 17 Mar 2003 08:13
I think it's not a question of language rather than a question of right expression of the term. Even for me it's very hard to get the terms into correct czech translation. That's why I didn't translated SA for Czech people.
3.PD 17 Mar 2003 19:42
OK, I'm going to expand that mini-dictionary I wrote in the theory tutorial.
Instead of explain all expression I may add just a link where you can find the expression.
But before I jump into this project, is anyone going to write it instead of me?

EDIT
I've chosen the short cut and compiled some links that may help you learning the expressions you need to understand the articles better. See the "Links" thread.
pages 1