HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: What synth is it?Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
Edgar Njari: What synth is it?15 Feb 2003 15:59

I have heard a remix of "i was born to love you" i think this song is on the freddy mercury in memoriam album.Later in the song there ia GREAT synth solo,what synth is it?Is it korg M1?

1.Sebastian 16 Feb 2003 13:48
I Was Born To Love You was recorded in 1983/1984. Freddie used different synths on that era, a Kurzweil K250, an Oberheim OB-8, a Fairlight CMI-III and a Roland Jupiter 8. I'm 99% sure that he played the solo of the song on the Jupiter, it was his "main" synth, the others were used for specific cases, but this one was the favourite for synth-solos. Fred Mandel played the solo of 'Break Free' on that one, also played on the 'Starfleet Project' using the same one, Brian used it for 'Las Palabras De Amor' and Freddie for the solo of 'Action', and in general it was used more than all the other synths together
2.Edgar Njari 16 Feb 2003 18:26
I am not talking about the original version of the song,but the remix that appears on that "in memoriam" CD
3.Sebastian 17 Feb 2003 15:39
I think that the mix solo is taken from edited takes of the song, like on the mix of Body Language you can hear a piano, which is not present on the album version. Indeed, it's still the Jupiter 8
4.Edgar Njari 17 Feb 2003 16:58
Thanx,Jupiter 8 always menages to suprize me,great sounding instrument,indeed
pages 1