HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - Song Analysis: WelcomeBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
PD: Welcome22 Oct 2002 20:05
Hello folks,

This forum is intended to be a nice place for you to share your thoughts, write your own notes/questions about music theory, the music of Queen (not just), and about the analysis articles (things that you agree, disagree). Unfortunately my call for interactivity on the intro-page has been without any result for two years (except Ognyan who is correcting me). I plan to post here my sidebar notes and questions for knowledgeable people. I don't expect too many people join the board, but I hope those few of you will enjoy this forum. I would like you to discuss here also non-Queen topics, because analysing only Queen songs without any comparison we'll never know how much exactly Queen songs were creative/unusual compared to others.

You can post here your own notes of non-Queen songs (or whole albums) both interesting and straightaway ones in order to see who were or were not creative composers in the pop/rock genre in particular point of views. I think Queen has nothing to lose in this process.

I'm going to use many Beatles references because their songs are well researched, widely available on the web. I happen to like them a lot, and have read a lot about their music. Beatles is by far the most researched band ever. This mere fact suggests that in the pop/rock music they are considered to be the most worhtwhile band to study, discuss, praise for their compositional skills. Before this page has opened there was no written material about Queen's music. This may suggests Queen is not a primary association when they talk about clever songwriting. This obvously has to be changed drastically soon or later. Queen has to be remembered as the band who bought progressive/clever/diverse songwriting into the pop/rock genre the most effectively. Queen also were able to record a highly original progressive album in their early period (Queen II) and in their late period albums with numbers of classic singles.

pages 1