HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - General Discussion: Song sites face legal crackdownBookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
LG: Song sites face legal crackdown03 Jan 2006 13:18
The music industry is to extend its copyright war by taking legal action against websites offering unlicensed song scores and lyrics.

news.bbc.co.uk

I trust that this archive will keep running as long as possible. There are no chance to get the tabs officially.
1.Daniel 05 Jan 2006 04:55
I don't think this site will have any problem because they are after big tab sites that are well known and not the little ones of groups,   probably , i think,  because there are millions of places with tabs and they would never end,  they attack massive pages like Mxtabs, Power tab archive and things like that,    Anyway it's a big pity becuase there are great sites in danger.  :(
2.BadHorsie 06 Aug 2007 07:56

What's the point? I don't quite get it. Those sites are not selling the tabs, and they state clearly that they're just transcriptions made by fans. Am I breaking the law for saying "Dust in the Wind is in the key of C Major"? Nonsense!

Besides, you can't get "official" tabs. Where would we get the score to (ie) Chinese Torture? We would never see a score of that. So we can't even want to play the song, let alone letting others learn it, by doing the kind favour of transcribing a song for others to learn.

Mankind is really sick,.

3.angel 04 Apr 2008 19:44

Recently, powertabs.net has been shut down by the MPA... That´s really terrible. Hardly can I imagine where this situation will lead to... No more music, just money, crap, sex everywhere.... It´s clear to each human, that MPA didn´t do that for the musicians´ sake, but for their money´s sake... Fuck all the managers and associations in music. It´s just the same all around the world as in Czech republic. Fuck O.S.A., fuck MPA, fuck Queen productions, and fuck all the dirty money in music management.

pages 1