HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - General Discussion: Change Queen?Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
woody: Change Queen?12 Sep 2005 21:00
Do you feel that each of them wanted to different genres, as a relative thing (i.e. Oh Queen, yeah Punk rock). I know they did every style of song that exists, but do you feel that if Roger had the last say......would Queen be punk rockers?
John.....cool jazzy stuff
Freddie.....brilliant mock-operas about anything
Brian.....Rocking swaying to acoustic

what do you think?
1.Erik 13 Sep 2005 20:17
Maybe you are right. Freddie may have also interested in dancaple pop, like in the MR Bad Guy -album. But maybe they after all liked to do little compromises with themselves and fight a little bit 'cause, as they have said, it is often best way to good songs.
2.woody 13 Sep 2005 22:05
yeah, that compromise is whta made them succesful, and what made the floyd and others succesful

if you stay with one genre, it is very unlikely you will stay succesful for more than four years
3.Erik 14 Sep 2005 22:50
Also The Beatles is one example of highly talented composers making compromises with eack other and so creating immortal songs.
4.George Prentis 22 Aug 2012 20:23
 I think it is good that they all had their own preferred genres, as they all spanned out somewhere in a Queen song. John's preferance was funk/soul me thinks and this was the reason why on songs like One Year of Love and Another One Bites the Dust etc. there were no guitar solos. At least they all weren't into the same old thing, otherwise they wouldn't have been as successful.
pages 1