HOME FORUM

Login

Register
Search
List of users

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS VERSION OF QUEEN SONGS SITE.
Path: Queen Songs - Forum - General Discussion: Hmmmmm.....Bookmark and Share

Forum

--- Only registered users can post a message ---pages 1
woody: Hmmmmm.....02 Jun 2005 20:31
I've been thinking a lot recently - (what with having to stay in bed e.t.c. being ill) - and I was wondering about different things to do with Queen songs e.t.c.

A) The meanings - (exempt the obvious meanings post 1976) - but you know - what is Bo rhap really about? I have a few ideas - but one main one is a kinda film intergrated with the music rather than a stroy. I have been on Bri's website and I've seen a few meanings - Some day, white queen. But its songs that cant be explained - Great King Rat, My Fairy King, - all of these mystical Freddie songs that try to set a scene and then you have something conflicting that scene in terms of the music - e.g. Great King Rat not being a fat king, but rather a mafia hitman. A lot of these song have a personal value hidden behind this fable facier. I would like to know people's opinions and just see different lights upon these songs.

B)I've forgotten now - I'll think of it later....

Back on to A, most particularily - Black Queen, GKR, MFK, Liar, The Night Comes Down, Lily of the valley, Ogre Battle - Love it - hidden trueness?, ...

I'll give it some time
1.Erik 05 Jun 2005 14:46
I think that My Fairy King is some kind of poetic tale about Freddies past and how he become a man whose name is Mercury. "Land where horses born with eagle wings" is some kind of vey exotic land, maybe meaning Zanzibar where Freddie was born. "Then came man to savage in the night etc..." Is maybe about the war that begun in Zansibar and what forced Freddies family to move to the England. "Mother Mercury" -part means maybe how Freddie changed his name and become a singer.

In some TV-Document Brian said that Freddie changed his name after he sang the lyrics "Mother Mercury........cannot hide" so it confirms a little bit my theory abot the meaning of the song.
pages 1